GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE.
IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THE PERSON, PERSONS, COMPANY, INSTITUTION, SCHOOL, OR GROUP WILL BE REFERRED TO AS ‘THE HIRER”
- The hirer must be over eighteen years of age, and must provide two separate forms of identification, including a CURRENT PASSPORT and DRIVING LICENCE, and a further proof of current address. One of these may be retained for the duration of the hire. The HIRER will also provide a deposit. (See 3 below).
- The HIRE CHARGE must be paid in full on COLLECTION of equipment. Payment may be made in cash or by credit/ debit card.
- In addition to the hire charge a DEPOSIT will be required from the HIRER. This will be calculated as a percentage of the value of the hired equipment. (Minimum £100). DEPOSITS will ONLY be accepted in the form of a credit/debit card with funds available (In VISA Electron/Solo not accepted for DEPOSIT). The deposit takes the form of a pre-authorisation. The funds will not leave your account, but may be unavailable for up to several working days. You will not see a transaction on your statement.
- Equipment will be available for collection from 10 am on the day of hire and must be returned before 12 noon on the day of return. Unless prior arrangements have been made, OVERDUE hires will be charged at the FULL DAILY RATE until returned. Langley Sound and Light retain the right to use deposits as payment towards overdue charges.
- All equipment will be supplied and demonstrated to be in working order. Langley Sound and Light cannot be liable in any way for equipment failure or consequences of equipment failure.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to satisfy themselves that they have collected appropriate equipment and leads.
- Additional leads for customers own equipment will be charged at standard rates.
- Equipment must be returned in a clean and working condition. Leads must be neatly coiled. A charge will be made for equipment that requires cleaning and leads that require attention.
- Batteries where required are not included in the hire charge. Suitable batteries are available at additional charge
- On COLLECTION of the equipment the hirer assumes FULL responsibility for the hire equipment and thereby agrees to pay for any LOSS or DAMAGE of hire equipment. All blown or broken lamps not returned will be charged for.
- Insurance of equipment is NOT included in the hire charge. Valuations for insurance purposes available on request.
- Langley Sound and Light reserve the right to supply alternative equipment where circumstances dictate.
- Langley Sound and Light are not liable in any way for personal injury or consequential damage arising from the use of hired equipment.
- The hirer is responsible for all copyright permissions, licences or any other consents required for use of equipment.
- Hire Bookings made for New Years Eve and certain other dates will be taken only with non-refundable full payment as deposit. Equipment will be reserved only upon receipt of full payment, which will not be refunded fully or in part in the event of cancellation.
- Langley Sound and Light have a minimum hire charge of £20 inc vat.